Monday, October 29, 2007

Photo Fun???

So on Saturday afternoon I took a photo field trip out to the Monitor pass area, which is pretty much out in middle of nowhere. I’ve ridden by road bike up the pass a couple of times and during one of these trips I noticed this crazy old rusted thing off the side of the road down in a canyon. So I finally went back to see what it was and take some photos. The thing was a Pennsylvania crusher from the Pennsylvania Crusher Company. I looked it up online and it’s a rock-crushing machine. That area is an old mining area, so who knows how old and how long its been out there. I trucked out my strobe kit to play around with some lighting. It was fun but hiking with a 25pound backpack and then carrying around 50 pounds of lighting gear is not so fun. After this I went up to Heenan Lake, which is almost at the top of Monitor pass to take some photos of the old dam house. It was really scary going out onto the old walkway with my gear and being over the water at the same time. Ok enough writing, so here are the photos.





I photoshoped the lights out of this pic

I had to take a goofy self portrait since I had my sweet lights up




These last two are taken with no strobes


This shot was taken on Friday at Woods Lake.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Doug-gie!
I hope you thanksgiving was fun! I love this set of pictures you took, they are most definitely my favorites! It looks like you are having fun, and hopefully I will get a little break next semester to come visit you!

November 27, 2007 at 11:25 AM  
Blogger Doug Miranda said...

Come on up anytime you want!!

November 28, 2007 at 8:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is my first time looking at your blog over from OSP and I absolutely LOOVE these!! I'd buy them!

December 22, 2007 at 9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home