Friday, February 2, 2007

Bike Ride In the Sierras

When I went up to Mammoth last weekend I was able to bring my road bike and go riding. I think I have a biking problem now. I never thought that I would ski for 4 hours and then go ride my bike 25 miles when the temps where in the middle to low 30's. And then go do it the next day, but cut it down from 3 hours of skiing and only 20 miles on the bike in the same freezing temps. I love it though it keeps me in great shape and I get to enjoy the outdoors. This bike ride was probably the most scenic ride I have done so far and on the second day with a storm rolling in it was breath taking being out there. Here are some photos that I took with my point & shoot camera on the second day.

The start of the ride off of hwy 395, looking back at Mammoth MT. and the Minarets.





The Owens River

Looking at the road that would take me back to my car.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tim Halberg said...

I think if I were in the mountains again I'd ride a lot more!!!

February 14, 2007 at 11:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good words.

November 10, 2008 at 11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home