Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Angora Fire

Last week I was down in So Cal golfing with my dad and visiting my mom. So on Sunday afternoon I found out that South Lake Tahoe was on fire. Luckily for me the fire was on the other side of town. So yesterday I drove home into the smoke. When I got into the Carson Valley the smoke was so thick it reminded me of a foggy day at the beach. It was also very smokey down at lake level, so I knew with all the smoke that the sunset would be a good one and it was. This is the only down side to living in the mountains. Knowing that at any time a huge wildfire could erupt and destroy whatever is in its path. If you want to know more about the Angora fire here is a link the the local paper.


This picture was taken at the end of my street looking down at only a small part of the fire.

Normally you can see South Lake Tahoe and the mountains, not today.

If you look closely you can see the fire on the mountains in the background

A smoke filled sunset looking towards the west shore.


2 Comments:

Blogger Ann Thomas said...

Unfortunately smoke makes an absolutely beautiful sunset. Hope you aren't breathing too much ; )

June 26, 2007 at 5:59 PM  
Blogger Doug Miranda said...

I want to go on a bike ride so bad, but I know that it would not be the best thing for my lungs. So no bike rides. :(

June 26, 2007 at 6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home