Thursday, August 23, 2007

HOLY BUCK!!!!

So today after I was done working I went up to Woods Lake to do some fishing. I had been there for about a half an hour and had already caught one fish. When all of a sudden I heard the craziest noises coming from the forest behind me. It sound like Bigfoot or a bear running through the forest breaking branches off of trees and a loud running sound. So I put my fishing pole down and thought for sure a bear was going to come running out of the bushes as the sound got louder and closer. Then all of a sudden this huge buck came sprinting out of the bushes and ran right by me. When the buck ran by me it must have only been like 15-20 feet away. Then it just took a huge jump from the edge of the shore into the lake and started swimming around. It all happened so quick and scared the shit out of me that luckily I was still thinking straight and ran to my backpack to grab my point & shoot camera to snap some photos before it swam off. After it was all over I was shaking for probably 10 minutes or so since my adrenaline was going. I thought for sure it was a bear and then it turned out to be a buck that almost ran me over. I’ve never seen anything like that in my life and probably will never again. Here are some of the photos that I snapped off.





3 Comments:

Blogger Ann Thomas said...

Great title, Doug ... and what an experience. You must just be lucky to be able to have the opportunity to even TAKE these kinds of pictures. I can see why you love it up there, though. Never a dull moment.
Love you,
Ann

August 24, 2007 at 9:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good reason to alway have a camera around!

Reminds me of watching some cows cross a river in New Zealand. I had always thought cows were afraid of water (I even jumped into a raging river once to get away from a bull that was chasing me).

August 27, 2007 at 1:50 PM  
Blogger Alex Robb said...

Awesome shots Doug! What a special place to live and work!

August 27, 2007 at 7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home