Thursday, November 29, 2007

I Got Published!!!!!!

So today was a good day. Sacramento Magazine launched a new wedding magazine called Our Wedding. They're having a big party down in Sac tonight for the launch, but I couldn't go do to moving into a new place and being busy with work. But I'm soooo stoked they used one of my images for one of their articles in the magazine on Tahoe destination weddings. I was even more stoked when I went to the site tonight to see that they also used the photo for the website. I can't wait to get my hands on a copy of the magazine. I've been published before in magazines when I use to photograph snowboarding back in the day. But this is just so cool. When I started my own wedding biz I thought that I would never get published because I was just the new guy and everybody else rocked the house. But only 7 months later I did something that I never thought I would ever do in my wedding career. A BIG THANKS goes out to Haley Myers the editor of Sacramento Magazines and Arlynn and Lucas the bride and groom that are in the photo. Here's the link to the story.



6 Comments:

Blogger Tina said...

Doug,
What a fantastic suprise when I went to your blog!!! You make a mom proud!!! :) You've hit the big time now!!!
With lots of love and hugs,
Mom

November 29, 2007 at 8:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats, Doug! We are very proud of you - but, then you ARE the very best!
Much Love,
Tom and Ann

November 30, 2007 at 12:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool deal Doug!

December 1, 2007 at 10:28 AM  
Blogger fritz said...

nice one cuz! I am so excited for you. This is much better then driving a piece of heavy equipment. You come home a bit cleaner. Best of luck and keep in touch.

Take care,

Fritz

December 4, 2007 at 1:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doug-gie!

I am so glad you became a wedding photographer, instead of a park ranger! Congrats on getting published, the photo is AMAZING!

Mari

December 4, 2007 at 8:48 PM  
Blogger Nicholas & Laurel said...

Doug,

Saw your photos in the Sacramento Our Wedding magazine and the Tahoe Tribune. Great PR for your emerging biz. Nice work.

Nicholas & Laurel

December 14, 2007 at 12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home